Roadsoft requires an SQL Server backend, version 2014 (as of January 2023, SQL 2012 is no longer supported). If you do not already have an SQL Server available on your network, you can install the SQL Express Server on your computer (or any computer on your network). Always use the newest version when possible. The CTT recommends using one of the Roadsoft-specific installation files below, rather than downloading the generic file from Microsoft.
Agencies running Roadsoft on a database using purchased versions of SQL Server (Enterprise, Business Intelligence, Standard, etc.) should contact their office technical support for SQL Server update assistance.
For Roadsoft users running an SQL Server 2012 product, Click Here for instructions on updating the SQL server software to a newer version.
Windows 10 or 11 - 64 Bit:
Windows 10 - 32 Bit:
- SQL Express 2019 (64-bit)
- SQL Express 2017 (64-bit)
- SQL Express 2016 (64-bit)
- SQL Express 2014 (64-bit)
If you are not sure which system type (64-bit or 32-bit) you are using:
- Select the Start Menu and right click on "My Computer", "Computer", or "This PC".
- Choose Properties.
- Look for "System Type", which will list the operating system as either "32-bit" or "64-bit".