Roadsoft & LDC Update – Version 2023.7 is Now Available
This is a minor version release for Roadsoft. Minor releases for Roadsoft contain bug fixes and other enhancements.
It is recommended to update both Roadsoft and the LDC to the same version for this release.
|BEFORE YOU UPDATE|
|Before updating Roadsoft and the Laptop Data Collector (LDC) to this version, it is important to import any outstanding collection data from LDC and Mobile into Roadsoft.|
ROADSOFT & LDC UPDATED:
The Roadsoft & LDC 2023.7 updates include numerous enhancements and fixes throughout the programs. A complete list of changes is available on the Downloads page.
Noteworthy new features for this release include:
- Added ability to add a point asset (Culvert, Drainage Structure, Driveway, Point PMark, Sign, Traffic Count, Traffic Signal) by entering latitude/longitude.
- Added Road Rating History Map to Pavement Management Menu to view map of PASER ratings for a historical date on a filtered group of segments.
- Added TAMC Submission option for Michigan local agencies to submit their culvert inventory and inspection data to the Transporation Asset Management Council.
- Added Structure Number to Bridge filter fields list.
- Added Bridge ID to Bridge search options.
|PREPARE FOR ROADSOFT UPDATE|
Complete all active LDC and Mobile data collection and import into Roadsoft prior to updating.
NOTE: All computers that connect to a shared Roadsoft database will need to be updated to this version in order to connect once the database is updated
|IS IT SAFE TO UPDATE MID COLLECTION?|
- Users running 2021.1 or newer can update directly to this release. The update is available at www.roadsoft.org/downloads
- Roadsoft versions older than 2021.1 - contact technical support at email@example.com.
- Roadsoft on Framework 20 or older- contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIGRATION OF BASEMAP:
After updating Roadsoft and applying script updates, users may be prompted to perform a Framework Migration. It is extremely important to make another database backup before migrating data. Once migration is complete, any features that could not be migrated (could not be moved or adjusted based on new roadway information) will be available for view under the Asset Management->Migration Summary menu in Roadsoft.
In addition, for Road Segments that could not migrate, a new menu option, ‘View Unmigrated Segments,’ has been added to the Asset Management menu that will display the previous version basemap segments including data to better visualize where road data was not migrated.
If your agency has never used Roadsoft, please email your request from an agency email address to email@example.com. Roadsoft is available free of charge to all local agencies in Michigan.
Roadsoft is fully compatible with the 2014 and newer versions of SQL Server and SQL Server Express. Our 2022 SQL Server Express installer is now available for use with Roadsoft for agencies interested in upgrading their existing SQL Express server. Download the new installer at roadsoft.org/downloads/sql-downloads
Contact Roadsoft Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 487-2102.